File A Claim/Reward Application

Claim for Damages

A Claim for Damages can be filed if you feel that you have lost money or property as a result of any action or inaction by the City.

Claims for Damages may be submitted using the online form below and are processed by the Office of the City Attorney. If you experience difficulties completing the online form or have any questions regarding how to file your Claim for Damages, please visit the City Attorney's webpage for important information on the claims process and alternative ways to submit your claim form.

For questions regarding submitting a claim, call 213-978-1133 or email

For status on an already-filed claim for damage, visit the Los Angeles City Attorney's website for more information at:

Claim for Damages Online Form
Formas de reclamación de daños
City Attorney Claims Division Webpage

Claim for Refund 

A Claim for Refund pertains to monies already paid to a City department that you are seeking to have returned. 

NOTE: If you are seeking a claim for refund from the Public Works, Bureau of Engineering (BOE), you must complete the form online at Paper forms are not accepted by BOE.

Claim for Refund of $5,000 or less
Claim for Refund over $5,000

Application for Reward

Special Reward Application
Graffiti and Illegal Dumping Reward Application