Skip to main content

Foreign Consulate ID Cards (FCICs)

Any country that issues consulate identification cards to its citizens or nationals may request that the identification card be accepted as valid identification by the City of Los Angeles.  Pursuant to Los Angeles Administrative Code Section 19.150 the request must be filed with the Office of the City Clerk.  

List of Authorized FCICs
How to Request FCIC Authorization
LAPD Security Guidelines
Departmental Responsibilities

The City Clerk is responsible for approving the City's acceptance of foreign consulate identification cards, compiling a list of consulate identification cards, and providing an annual review of the use of the foreign consulate identification cards by department. City Ordinance 175853.